22nd Annual Intellectual Property Law: The Year in Review
Thursday, January 18, 2018 (09:00 AM-01:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Friday, June 1, 2018 [click to view options]
Page Count: 328
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
May Cheng, C.S.Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
This is considered our signature intellectual property program for a reason—it delivers "in one go" all the latest developments in patents, trade-marks, and copyright. Our presenters make sure you have the vital information you need, with invaluable insights into patentability and prosecution trends. Also, learn how the Supreme Court's recent decision to strike down the "promise doctrine" will influence your patent practice, and how you can appropriately advise clients on this seminal case's effect on their patents and patent challenges.
- Understand why the promise doctrine was struck down
- Learn about the effect of a key Supreme Court case on Canadian patent litigation and prosecution
- Gain a better understanding of conflicts and ethical obligations in IP licensing
- Raise your awareness of patent and trade-mark prosecution trends
- Armand Benitah, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- May Cheng, C.S., Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- John Cotter, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Meghan Dillon, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Sana Halwani, Lenczner Slaght Royce Smith Griffin LLP
- Alison Hayman, Cassels, Brock & Blackwell LLP
- Selena Kim, C.S., Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
- Kevin Sartorio, Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP