25th Annual Immigration Law Summit (Day One)
Click here for Day Two information
Monday, November 6, 2017 (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Page Count: 276
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Janet Bomza, C.S.PwC Law LLP
Diane Dagenais, Deputy Regional Director and Senior CounselDepartment of Justice Canada (Immigration Law Division)
Twenty-five years in and we're still delivering everything you need to know about the past year—plus what you should expect for the coming one—at this two-day summit. Get caught up on the latest developments and considerations for lawyers and paralegals working in citizenship, immigration, and refugee law. Day One focuses largely on economic immigration and provides updates on the frequently changing rules and programs, including those affecting express entry applications and compliance. Day Two is dedicated to refugee law and related issues, with a focus on developing jurisprudence and best practices in representation before tribunals and the courts in detention, refugee, inadmissibility, and deportation proceedings.
- Stephen Green, C.S., Green and Spiegel LLP
- Anamika Mona Nandy, Director, Global Talent Stream, Temporary Foreign Worker Program, Skills and Employment Branch, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Jennifer Nees, C.S., EY Law LLP
- Steven Owen, Employer Liason Officer, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Etienne Boisjoli, Senior Trade Policy Officer, Services Trade Policy Division, Global Affairs Canada
- Betsy Kane, C.S., Capelle Kane Immigration Lawyers Professional Corporation
- Larry Linton, C.S., PwC LLP
- Judith Wilson, Acting Director, National Investigation Services, Integrity Services Branch, Service Canada
- Gabriela Ramo, KPMG Law LLP
- Barbara Jo Caruso, C.S., Corporate Immigration Law Firm
- Bill MacGregor, Gowling WLG
- Melissa Babel, C.S., Fragomen (Canada) Co.
- Sarah Fagan, Rekai LLP
- Suzanne Hastie, Director, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Mario Bellissimo, C.S., Bellissimo Law Group Professional Corporation
- Robin Seligman, C.S., Robin L. Seligman Professional Corporation
- Chantal Desloges, C.S., Desloges Law Group Professional Corporation
- David Garson, C.S., Guberman Garson LLP
- Brenda Wong, Business Immigration Law Group
- Jay Webster, Senior Program Advisor, Immigration Program Guidance, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Marie-Josée Dorion, Director of Investigations and Exceptional Cases, CMB, Case Management, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada