Bankruptcy and Fraud Recovery Law
Thursday, November 9, 2017 (09:00 AM-04:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
Alternate date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 [click to view options]
Page Count: 222
* Remember: You must attend CPD programs or view them on demand to claim CPD Hours. Reading CPD materials alone does not qualify.
You may count recorded programs that you watch without a colleague towards your annual CPD Requirement—up to a maximum 6 hours. Recorded programs include archived webcasts, video replays, or any other on-demand program.
Frank Bennett, LSM,Bennett Bankruptcy Law
Norman Groot,Investigation Counsel PC – Fraud Recovery Lawyers
Your client has been defrauded, his or her money taken. How do you recover it? Any attempt can involve a daunting journey through the civil and criminal justice system, which often leads to the fraudster's bankruptcy and the laying of criminal charges. Our presenters are experts in the profession who explain the complicated interface between bankruptcy law, fraud recovery law, and criminal law. Don't miss the valuable tips on how to avoid time-wasting mistakes, how to prevent fraud, and what steps to take to recover lost money once you've been defrauded.
- The Honourable Todd Archibald, Superior Court of Justice
- Mervyn Abramowitz, C.S., Blaney McMurtry LLP
- Roula Eatrides, Deputy Superintendent, Operations and Corporate Services, Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy
- Philip Gertler, Gertler & Koven
- Brian Greenspan, C.S., Greenspan, Humphrey, Lavine
- Grace Hession David, Special Fraud Prosecutions and Organized Crime, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Raymond Leclair, Vice-President, Public Affairs, Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Company (LAWPRO®)
- Uwe Manski, FCPA, FCA, FCIRP(ret.), Licensed Insolvency Trustee, BDO Canada Limited
- Stephane Marinier, Public Prosecution Service of Canada
- Sanjeev Mitra, Aird & Berlis LLP
- Robert Morin, Public Prosecution Service of Canada
- Catherine Weiler, Senior Litigation Counsel, Enforcement Branch, Ontario Securities Commission
- Steven Weisz, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP